Spaghetti w/ Turkey Meatballs
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 3 (4 ounce) links sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon’s)
- ½ ounce pecorino cheese, grated (about 2 tablespoons packed)
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain
- Remove casing from sausages. Shape sausages into 12 (1-inch) balls. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add meatballs to pan; cook 7 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove meatballs from pan. Add onions, red pepper, and garlic to pan, saute for 2 minutes.
- Return meatballs and add marinara sauce to pan, and bring to simmer over medium heat, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes or until meatballs are done. Add pasta to sauce mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Recipe provided by www.myrecipes.com