BBQ Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 2 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 ½ pounds thin cut chicken breast or chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Course salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger root, finely chopped or grated, optional
- 1 orange, zested
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small tin, 6 to 8 ounces, sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin, Chinese barbecue sauce, available on Asian foods aisle or market
- ½ large head iceberg lettuce, core removed, head quartered
- Remove tough stems from mushrooms and brush with damp towel to clean. Slice mushrooms. Chop chicken into small pieces
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to high
- Add oil to hot pan. Add chicken to the pan and sear meat by stir frying a minute or 2.
- Add salt and pepper to season, then garlic and ginger. Cook a minute more.
- Grate zest into pan, add bell pepper bits, chopped water chestnuts and scallions. Cook another minute, continuing to stir fry mixture.
- Add hoisin Chinese barbeque sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly. Transfer the hot chopped barbecued chicken to serving platter and pile the quartered wedges of crisp iceberg lettuce along the side. To eat, pile spoonfuls into lettuce leaves, wrapping lettuce around fillings and squeeze and orange wedge on the top.
Recipe provided by www.foodnetwork.com