Black Bean Quinoa
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and saute until lightly brown.
- Mix quinoa into saucepan and cover with vegetables. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper if desired.
- Bring mixture into a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into saucepan and continue to simmer about 5 minutes.
Recipe provided by www.allrecipes.com