You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg whites
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1/2-1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 3 - 8 inch tortillas
- Optional: dipping sauce (salsa, guacamole, or plain greek yogurt)
- Whisk the egg whites and egg together. Scramble in a skillet coated with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the black beans, corn, scrambled eggs, onion, cilantro, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning.
- Place 1/3 of the mixture in each tortilla and fold over.
- Place in the freezer on a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment for one hour. Remove and wrap individually to store or place in a freezer safe bag.
- To reheat, take out the quesadilla and microwave until cheese is melted. To reheat in a skillet, first microwave it to defrost and then warm in a skillet to get the outside nice and crispy.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce (salsa, guacamole, or plain greek yogurt are good places to start)
Recipe provided by Slender Kitchen