You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt, optional
- 8 uncured turkey or chicken hot dogs
- 8 whole-wheat hot dog buns, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar
- Warm oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and chili powder and sauté 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce and beans and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, if desired
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add hot dogs and boil 5 minutes. Drain well, place on buns, top with chili and cheese, and serve immediately.
Recipe provided by www.myrecipes.com