Easy Peasy Pretzels
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 package (1/4 oz) or 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten in separate bowl (you may choose to have multiple egg washes available)
- Optional toppings in small bowls: kosher salt, parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, cinnamon/sugar.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1.5 cups warm water (110° to 115°).
- Add sugar and salt and mix.
- Add 3 cups of our and combine. Add 1/2 to 1 cup more of flour as needed.
- Knead for 5-8 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape into pretzel twists or shapes as desired (what letter does your name start with??)
- Place on parchment lined baking sheets & write name next to it.
- Brush with an egg; sprinkle with topping of choice.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe provided by H-E-Buddy Kids In The Kitchen