Fruity Gooey Bars
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup granola with nuts
- 1 cup unsweetened Krispy rice cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried unsweetened banana chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place banana chips in 2 re-closeable bags and smash with the bottom of a pan or a rolling pin (each age group may take turns smashing).
- Place cereals, oatmeal, crushed banana chips, and cranberries in a large bowl; stir to combine. Set aside. (You may want to divide into two bowls).
- Add cooled honey/oil/brown sugar mixture and stir or allow kids to mix with their hands until fully coated and well combined. (instructor should have prepared before class)
- Evenly pour cereal mixture into prepared baking dish and press down into pan. Let cool to room temperature or in the refrigerator if it is still warm.
- Cut into 16 (1-by-4-inch) bars (you can use cookie cutters if available).
Recipe provided by H-E-Buddy Kids In The Kitchen