Guava Coconut Mochi
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 5 oz. guava paste
- 1 oz. unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup Mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- small pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Extra butter or nonstick spray for pan
- Chop up the guava paste and add to a small nonstick sauce pan with the coconut milk. Melt over medium heat, stirring constantly and breaking up the paste with a spatula until smooth.
- Take sauce pan off the heat and stir in the butter. Set aside to cool to room temperature, 10 – 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a mini cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray or brush with some melted butter. Mop up excess and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add mochiko, salt and baking powder, whisk to combine thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, add the cooled guava paste mixture, egg and vanilla, beat with a whisk to combine.
- Add the mochiko mixture to the liquid mixture and whisk until combined, but don’t overmix.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each cupcake cavity of the prepared pan, the batter will be enough to fill 24.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 13 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before removing the coconut mochi from the pan.
- Use a butter knife to loosen the coconut mochi from the side of the cupcake cavity and lift it out.
Recipe provided by wildwildwhisk.com