Healthy Avocado Brownies
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dutch-processed cocoa powder*
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor combine avocado, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.*
- Add these ingredients to a large bowl and whisk in eggs.
- Add in coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking soda and stir until well-combined.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil and add batter.
- Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes (slightly less for fudgier brownies or slightly longer for more cake-like brownies).
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 16 brownies.
- Keep them on the counter in an airtight container at room-temperature for up to 2 days or for a longer shelf-life store in the fridge or freezer.
*You can also mash these together by hand but make sure that you mash it up very well and there are no clumps. Make sure you use dutch-processed otherwise your brownies will taste bitter – this is the step that people often forget!
Recipe provided by Healthy Maven