Herby Avocado Hummus
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- ½ large ripe avocado
- 1, 15½-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini, well mixed
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or smashed to a paste with flat side of knife on cutting board
- ¾ teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
- 10 cranks freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Blend avocado, chickpeas, tahini, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and 1 cup cilantro in a blender or food processor until smooth (about 1 minute).
- With the blender on, stream in 2 Tbsp. oil, then continue to process until hummus is very light and creamy, about 1 minute longer.
- Taste and season with salt, if needed.
- Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl. Top with pepitas and cilantro and drizzle with more oil.
- Serve with pita squares or your vegetables, such as carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
Recipe provided by Bone Apetit