Pack Your Lunch - Bento Box
As the kids are going back to school we start to think about the food choices they will make on a daily basis. While 86% of children eat school-provided lunch, the other 14% bring their lunch from home. Make this the year that you pack your child a healthy and exciting lunch for school. Try a bento box, originating in Japan a bento is a single-portion take-out or home-packed meal. A traditional bento holds rice, fish or meat, with pickled or cooked vegetables, usually in a box-shaped container. You can create your own Bento by filling it with healthy veggies, fruits, low-fat cheeses, lean proteins and whole wheat grains. Make it colorful and fun, get creative. Its a create your own adventure for the kid in all of us.
Source: 10 Healthy School Lunch Combinations
Leave a Reply.