Hummus Among Us
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1, 15 ounce can chickpeas/garbanzo beans (drained, keep liquid for later)
- Set aside 1-2 beans for each student
- to try plain during tasting discussion
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup reserved liquid from chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups of your favorite fresh vegetable
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and process until you have a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Spoon hummus into a bowl with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with paprika for taste and color.
- Serve by dunking your raw vegetables or pretzel into this dip.
Recipe provided by H-E-Buddy Kids In The Kitchen