You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can stewed or fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 8 (8 inch) spinach flour tortillas, available on dairy aisle of market
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar or shredded pepper jack
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil twice around the pan. Add chicken and season with chili powder, cumin, and red onion. Brown the meat for 5 minutes.
- Add taco sauce or stewed or fire roasted tomatoes. Add black beans and corn. Heat the mixture through, 2 to 3 minutes then season with salt, to your taste
- Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining extra virgin olive oil, which should be about 1 tablespoon oil
- Cut the tortillas in half or quarters to make them easy to layer with. Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese. Repeat: meat, tortilla, cheese again. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly. Top with the scallions and serve.
Recipe provided by www.foodnetwork.com