Pesto Cheese Pizza
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 package refrigerated whole-wheat pizza dough
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large clove garlic, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a pizza pan and spread the dough evenly onto the pan (in whatever shape you like). Set aside.
- Make the pesto: Place the basil, pine nuts, parmesan, oil, water, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse a few times, and then blend until fairly smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the pesto onto pizza dough, covering evenly. Put the rest of the pesto in a tightly sealed container and store in the refrigerator.
- Spread the ricotta cheese on top of the pesto (it may not cover the entire pizza). Sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.