Potato Patties Burgers
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
For the steaks filling:
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 tablespoon of grated cheese (your choice)
- 2 lbs of potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Veggies of your choice - Spinach, Tomato, Avocado, Pickles
Prepare the potato patties:
- Peel, wash & grate potatoes - put them in a strainer. Press the grated potatoes to drain their juice.
- Transfer in a bowl & add the minced onion.
- Add the beaten egg, 1 cup of grated cheese and mix well.
- Salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat your oven at 390°F
- Fill silicon muffin molds with this mixture. Add a little more as the patties tend to shrink when baking.
- Bake à 390°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, remove from the molds. Then set aside.
- Mix ground beef with chopped onion and a tablespoon of cheese. Salt and pepper.
- Form small burgers.
- Briefly cook the burgers in the pan (non-stick pan is better)
- Don’t cook the meat too much so that it remains juicy and pink (the burgers will be re-heated later in the oven, if the meat is already cooked through they will be dry out).
- When meat is seared, set aside for later.
- Build hamburgers on a plate lined with parchment paper: stack a potato pattie, a piece of mozzarella, a small steak, another piece of mozzarella and top with a potato pattie.
- Reheat in the oven at 360°F (180°F) for a few minutes. Enjoy hot with a salad.
Recipe provided by eatwell 101