Pumpkin Seed Pesto
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds, roasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine pumpkin seeds, Parmesan, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse on and off, for about 20 seconds, until seeds are almost ground.
- Add basil, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil, and pulse on and off for about 40 seconds (you may want to scrape down the sides with a spatula in between pulses), until all ingredients are combined. The mixture should be more like a course paste than a liquefied sauce, so be careful not to overprocess.
- Transfer to a bowl or glass storage jar, taste, and adjust seasoning with salt. Be sure to taste, as the pumpkin seeds may have been well salted when they were roasted. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.
Recipe provided by thespruceeats.com