Quick and Easy Veggie Chili
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons no-salt-added chili powder
- 2 (15 ) cans no-salt added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sliced fresh jalapeño peppers (optional)
- Heat a large saucepot over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes or until beginning to brown and stick to the pan.
- Stir in 1/2 cup broth and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and most liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in chili powder and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining broth, beans and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, about 30 minutes or until vegetables and beans are tender and sauce is thickened. Stir in black pepper.
- Serve with cilantro and jalapeños, if using.
Recipe provided by Whole Foods