Simple Beef Chili
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 head celery, sliced
- large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 7-8 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (less or omit for young children)
- Brown meat in skillet and set aside.
- Saute celery, onions and garlic until tender.
- Combine meat and vegetables in a soup pot and add diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Add salt, oregano, basil, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper to soup.
- Stir and simmer 30 minutes to an hour.
- Freezes very well! Make a big pot and enjoy it over time.