Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 10-ounce package frozen batter-dipped chicken nuggets
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking rice
- 1 8-ounce canned pineapple chunks
- 1 large green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon instant chicken bouillion granules
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Bake chicken nuggets according to package directions
- Prepare quick cooking rice according to package directions
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to reserved juice to make 1 ½ cups liquid.
- Pour pineapple juice mixture into a medium saucepan. Add sweet pepper. Bring to boiling reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir together vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and bouillion granules.
- Stir into mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir for 2 minutes more
- Gently stir in chicken, pineapple chunks, and water chestnuts. heat through.
- Serve chicken mixture over hot cooked rice.
Recipe provided by www.momswhothink.com