Tuna Apple Salad Sandwich
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 apple (such as Fuji or Pink Lady Washington)
- 1 12-oz can chunk light tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp curry powder, optional
- 8 leaves lettuce (Bibb, Romaine, Green, or Red leaf)
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- Cut apple in quarters, remove core and chop.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all salad ingredients, except tuna.
- Gently fold in tuna.
- Make sandwiches, using lettuce and whole grain bread (toasted, if desired) and fill with tuna apple salad.
Recipe provided by myplate.gov