Vegetarian Black Eyed Peas (Hoppin' John)
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 red bell peppers, diced
- 4 celery sticks, diced
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp regular paprika
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 6 oz box baby kale chopped
- ½ cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 15-ounce cans unsalted black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- chopped green onions for topping
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil; swirl to coat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; sauté 10 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Add spices (salt through black pepper) and kale to skillet, cook another 5-10 minutes until combined.
- Add black eyed peas and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Add in cooked rice, stir until combined.
- Serve with diced tomato and green onions for topping
Recipe provided by www.pickyeaterblog.com