Zucchini Pizza Boats
You're Feeding Your...
Not familiar with What Are YOU Feeding? Learn more about it here
- 6 small zucchini (2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I used Classico Four Cheese)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (1.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner, set aside.
- Cut each zucchini into halves through the length, Pat insides dry with paper towels (cut portion), and Align on prepared baking sheet.
- In a bowl, stir together olive oil and garlic then brush lightly over tops of zucchini.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste then brush a slightly heaping 1 Tbsp marinara sauce over each zucchini, leaving a small rim near edges uncoated.
- Sprinkle tops evenly with mozzarella cheese then with parmesan cheese. Top with pepperoni slices (placing them more near centers as the cheese will melt and spread).
- Bake in preheated oven 12 - 18 minutes (bake time will vary depending on how thick your zucchini are and how crisp/tender you want them).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh oregano. Serve warm.
Recipe provided by www.cookingclassy.com